Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sarails says what?

Well first things first....
This blog has no schedule for regular updates :D

I am a modeller in my late thirties at time of this writing, (how time flies it feels as if i was in my twenties only a little while ago)

I have two boys, one of whom likes trains, and may end up a modeller in his later years.

I am trying to model the South Australian Railways in the very late steam era, early diesel era, but find that I do not get enough modelling done at all.

The crux of the issue, when I boil it down is that I have poor time prioritisation when it comes to my modeling, what with work, house duties, self education, train club committe duties, and then there are the kids (who I don't do enough with) and my Partner (who I really don't spend enough wuality time with) I always seem to put it near the back of the queue. The one light of hope that it has is that Wednesdays are Train Club nights and I go every week, but I rarely get anything done due to constant interuptions from other members.

Well that's enough of that, I hope to put up some of the things that I am trying to work on in the future.


1 comment:

  1. Amen, brother. Life is like being a plate juggler. You have to keep running around like a maniac putting a little bit of energy here, there and everywhere to keep everything up, or it all comes crashing down around you! You always feel like you are not doing enough, but YOU are always the best judge of what is enough! It is a question of balance. You always feel happiest when you seem to have the balance right. Enough time for you, and enough time for everybody else.

    Even though you said you were NOT going to update regularly - reading that motivated me to think - perhaps doing regular updates on my blogs will help me be more productive. So the reverse psychology is working. Now which day will I set aside to do my updates... hmmm...

    Good luck with your project.

    Cheers,

    John

    ReplyDelete