Thursday, January 29, 2009

Northern Modellers Group

Like a lot of us I read AMRM, this month they had some photo's by Ian Dunn of some models by the Northern Modellers Group, from the Modelling the Railways of South Australia Convention http://www.mrsac.com/

I was fortunate in visiting the layouts of two of the members of this group through a South Australian Railway Modellers Association outing http://www.sarma.asn.au/ a few years ago now, and I thought that I would share some of them with you.

Port Wakefield, the layout







7 comments:

  1. Iain, love the blog, but the two urls are incorrect.

    ours is www.sarma.asn.au and the MRSAC website is www.mrsac.com

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peter,
    My one and only invalid excuse is that it was late (Nearly 11pm; i et up at 5am) Hot (still around 35c) and I was taking more of an interest in the pictures than the text :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarails, I love the photos, I too saw the mag and it's great to see a few more pix. The random stone buildings look great! If you have any idea how they are constructed I'd love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geoff, these may have been built following a process described in the notes from the Modelling the Railways of South Australia Convention (http://www.mrsac.com)which afaik were printed in the AMRM in these issues Issue 226, February 2001 & Issue 227, April 2001.
    These guys also photograph existing stonework buildings, adjust for colour correction and then print on an Inkjet/Laser printer to use as exterior cladding over card formers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sarails for the details, certainly a technique that works. Ooooh, nearly forgot! Is Sarails your first name? or should I address you as Mr Sarails?(He...Hee!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr Sarails is my Father!
    No seriously it's my "nom de guerre" used for online Model Train related activities :)

    You can all call me Iain if you like

    ReplyDelete