Sunday, August 2, 2009

Where has the time gone?

Looking at my last post, it has dawned on me that it's been 6 months since my last post here

In the time since my last post I have been active in modelling related tasks; I've organised, run and closed off another biennial SARMA railshow, been involved in the recording of the Railshow with my cousin who works for Anifex (http://www.anifex.com.au/) from this we went on to record one of South Australia's significant layouts "The Moping Branch" by Kev Loughhead for the Modelling the Railways of South Australia Convention (this should be ready for the September 2010 convention) here is some phone camera action of a walkaround of the layout, primarily just to remember how it looked for when we do the edit. So no complaints about the quality :)



There has been slow progress with the completion of my first loco kit, and I have finally gotten to the stage where i can hook it up to power! work has now progressed to the superstructure and Tender!

A lesson that I have learnt from this is that the NEXT first Loco kit won't be by BGM if I can help it, but with my penchant for modelling the South Australian Railways, I think that Im fubard there :s

A month ago, my club had a project night (4nights and counting) for the construction of the Balhannah signal cabin which has seen the clubrooms filled to bursting :)





My attempt at this cabin kit which is a Resin kit produced by one of our members is going along nicely :)

If i keep at it i might even be able to get it finished in time for taking down to the Modelling the Railways of the SAR in September, club nights have been the only nights when I've been able to actually get some modelling done.

The biggest things "stopping" me from modelling are these three things

I should stop doing the gardening at home



but at least I have a helper :) This is Nala our Rottweiler she is about 16mths old right now

and taking my youngest one to scouts




taking my oldest one to fencing



(this is him getting ready for sports day)
All of which I wouldn't give up...
Well I'd give up the gardening at the drop of a hat

A modelling related activity that I am really starting to enjoy happens on the First Monday of the month as I get together with these two characters below and operate on to waybills on Sloots layout


David

Sloots

These have been some great nights which I look forward to each month, although I normally stay too long and the 5am wake ups on the Tuesday are a little hard.


Heres to hoping that I don't leave it so long between updates and to actually putting some pics of what I'm modelling up on here at some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment