Thursday, February 24, 2011
The current time waster...
Getting into the hobby again just over 10 years ago, I joined a club for the benefit of havign a rady group of individuals to assist not make the mistakes that I had made as a youngster.
Little did I know that only a few short years later I would find mysef responsible for organising the clubs train show on a bienniel basis.
This year is the 3rd year that I have taken hold of the reigns and organised the event, each year seems to get easier as I cover old ground to organise this 2 1/2 day event. I suspect the thing that makes this an enjoyable task is that I'm a control freak and organise much of the good stuff with a committee of one (It's allowed I think as we keep ending up in the black).
This year, with a change of employer I have not been able to organise things as early as I have in the past, but I have had the benefit of being adjacent to our marketing team, this has provided the opportunity to "borrow" their talents and one of the results is the improvement of the this years poster! Next up is the programme (I'm still trying to get work to buy naming rights!)
Down to the nitty gritty and the things that interest everybody here...
Attendees in no particular order will be
Hump Shunt
The Enchanted Wood
Liralau
Gopingen & Durnau
Kangaroo & Cockatoo Railway
Ti Tree Crossing
Wapita
The Shunt
Florey Springs
MacMountain
Portland
An outside ride on railway
+ maybe a couple of others
Traders...
Oz Rail Models
Rail Scale Models
Austrains
Model Ectch
End Of Line
AZtronics
BGB
Bill Daniels Trailer Rail
Junction Models
All in all, this should cater for most peoples tastes and provide an entertainment experience equal to the amount spent on entry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment