Yes well for those who still have my page bookmarked SURPRISE! :)
Today I was doing what I usualy do; check out what everybody else has been upto whilst I've been off doing other things.
Whilst I have actually managed to get some modelling time under my belt over the last 12 months, the majority of my modelling time has been taken up with modelling associated, but not building kits activities.
The one activity that has really taken pride of place has been the release of the DVD "Kev Loughhead's Moping Branch Railway. An activity that gave me an opportunity to meet and talk with the creator of one of South Australia's best layouts. A layout that I had wanted to see for more that 20 years, after reading about it in AMRM back in the late 1980's. I must say that it did exceed my expectations as the AMRM articles and the Reflections book contained barely contained a fraction of what was on offer inside the doors of this humble shed in the suburbs of Adelaide.
What was shown in the DVD was only a small part of the genius of Kev's construction abilities and the time frame allowed to actually film was insufficient to completly give this masterpeice credit. Whilst this DVD has been reviewed elsewhere online and in AMRM, and due to my closeness to the production of this DVD, I won't go into I further here.
I would like to say thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy of this DVD and I hope that you are happy with your decision, I just wish that we could have included more.
Here's some of the cover art again as this picture is a fantastic piece of the photographers art.
I have also been deeply involved in organising the Biennial model railway show for the club that I am involved with and I will update more on this in the very near future

No comments:
Post a Comment